Maclean’s Hot 100 Funds
- Vertex Fund #1 Global Equity 3-year Return, #3 overall
- Vertex Balanced Fund (“Managed Value Portfolio”) #3 3-Year Return, #53 overall
Which are the best of the best? Out of the more than 4,000 mutual funds in Canada, the 100 funds listed below were judged tops in their respective categories based on the Morningstar rating system. They were then ranked by their average annual compound return over three years. These are not necessarily the funds with the highest absolute returns. The five-star rating system used by Morningstar Canada factors in the fund’s performance,risk-adjusted return and potential for loss relative to the average for its category (fund type) over three-, five- and 10-year periods. The scores for each period are weighted to arrive at an overall score—essentially, a measure of quality. The top 10 per cent of funds within each category receive the Morningstar five-star rating. Maclean’s Hot 100 list, based on the ratings on Dec. 31, 2001, excludes money-market funds, multiple versions of the same fund, and those restricted to certain professional or other groups.
Click here to read the full article.
- Financial Post: Vertex Fund 15-Year Return is #5 Overall
- Vertex One Feature in Canadian Business Journal
- Vertex One launches new fund
- Steadyhand Investments writes about Live From the Desk
- The Globe & Mail – Why volatility doesn’t always equal risk
- Stock Market Superstars
- Globe & Mail
- Morning Coffee
- Bloomberg – #1 Top Non-US Event Driven Fund 2006
- Bloomberg – #2 Top Non-Us Event Driven Fund 2005
- Jan 1, 1970 @