Bloomberg – #2 Top Non-Us Event Driven Fund 2005
During the 1980s and ’90s, Carl Icahn was vilified as a corporate raider. Now, the billionaire financier has leapt back into the spotlight – as a hedge fund manager. Icahn, 69, has opened two funds to invest in companies he thinks need shaking up.
Such event-driven hedge funds, which try to profit from corporate events such as mergers and acquisitions and bankruptcies, have become Wall Street’s new shareholder activists. There hedge funds posted an average return of 16.6 percent during the three years ended on Sept. 30, according to HFR. During the first nine months of 2005, these funds returned 6.2 percent.
Click here to read the full article.
- Financial Post: Vertex Fund 15-Year Return is #5 Overall
- Vertex One Feature in Canadian Business Journal
- Vertex One launches new fund
- Steadyhand Investments writes about Live From the Desk
- The Globe & Mail – Why volatility doesn’t always equal risk
- Stock Market Superstars
- Globe & Mail
- Morning Coffee
- Bloomberg – #1 Top Non-US Event Driven Fund 2006
- Bloomberg – #2 Top Non-Us Event Driven Fund 2005
- Jan 1, 1970 @