A Tale of Two Stories, Vertex Value Fund & Vertex Managed Value Portfolio
- Blackbird Energy (TSX-V:BBI): A Top Value Holding
One of our favourite CEOs, Garth Braun of Blackbird Energy, just published an update to shareholders about the tremendous growth of his company and his views on a national energy policy (or lack thereof), and its downstream effects.
We know Garth really well. We know Blackbird really well. As a top holding, we want to share this information so you can know what you own as well.
We encourage you to read his full note titled:
A few highlights:
- A Record Quarter: Year-over-year petroleum and natural gas revenue increased by 5,387% and average production increased by 4,446%. This is not a typo!
- In a little over a year from now Blackbird will graduate to become an intermediate producer.
- One of the highest Operating and Cash Flow Netbacks in the Montney.
- $28.75/boe was among the top in their industry.
- Well test results have strongly outperformed.
- Lack of a national energy policy is hurting foreign investment and suppressing Canadian energy stocks.
- Blackbird sponsors the Junior Achievement Program of Northern Alberta & NWT to help battle addiction.
- Analyst targets (current price = $0.38):
- $0.72 – Josef Schachter
- $0.90 – Garett Ursu
- $1.10 – Tom Kristiansen
We’re extremely excited about Blackbird’s potential to provide outsized returns to unitholders. Despite what they have already achieved, the company remains undervalued.
We’d also like to note that you won’t find Blackbird as a holding in an ETF. It’s the kind of stock that isn’t part of a passive program and requires an active eye to uncover.
Until Next Time…
Vertex Value Fund
Vertex Managed Value Portfolio
- Looking Ahead: The Vertex Enhanced Income Fund
- Looking Ahead: The Vertex Managed Value Portfolio & Vertex Value Fund
- Webcast Live: Learn all about the new Alternative Mutual Funds.
- Webcast Live: Fourth Quarter Update & 2019 Outlook With John Thiessen
- Webcast Live: Fourth Quarter Update With Matt Wood
- The Six-Foot-Tall Man, Vertex Arbitrage Fund/Plus
- A Tale of Two Stories, Vertex Value Fund & Vertex Managed Value Portfolio
- It’s all about Rates… right? Vertex Enhanced Income Fund
- The Blindside of Moneyball Vertex Arbitrage Fund Plus
- February Investor Update
- June 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- December 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- December 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- June 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- Jul 17, 2019
Q2 Arbitrage Funds Update: Mega deals dominated the M&A space for the 2nd quarter of 2019, despite a host of uncert… https://t.co/OYyqoAaizv@Vertex_OneJul 9, 2019
Listen Now! On our newest webcast, we sit down with our new Managed Value & Value Fund portfolio advisors,… https://t.co/5jIWuVWQY7@Vertex_OneMay 26, 2019
Registration is still open 👉🏻 https://t.co/RbWNKHkZvy via @cfavancouver https://t.co/Tkdt4DzGQF@Vertex_OneMay 16, 2019
Wonderful night celebrating women in finance @AWFbc https://t.co/OhMEjzGggU@Vertex_OneMay 16, 2019
RT @MLindbladV1: Canada’s oilpatch has the most cash in five years — and nothing to spend it on. (but perhaps we are nearing a tipping poin…@Vertex_One